Monday, October 10, 2005

Whew, so this has been a little intense. A lot intense actually. After so much scrambling and effort, panicking, planning and packing, the reality of leaving Jackson kind of snuck up on me and pretty much kicked my butt. I don't think I have ever cried as much as I did in the days leading up to finally pulling it all together and driving away. My poor Papa had no choice but to sit back with his fingers crossed while I refused to give up the steering wheel even with tears streaming down my face, gasping for breath, and whimpering to myself as we headed out over Teton Pass. Jeez.

The time I spent in Jackson was pretty incredible. I had some serious thoughts about bailing on the whole Chile plan and settling in to some great little cabin on Fish Creek with a couple puppy dogs and a sunny deck, my heart happy and ready to start putting down some real roots for once.
Not me, right? Not Now!! Yikes! Get this girl on a plane!!

It is good to know though that there is at least one magical vortex of a place that can grab me and shake me and make me feel so alive and so Right. And maybe there is one or two more out there - there's SOMETHING out there. And hell,if not, I know the way back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home