Thursday, November 24, 2005

happy thanksgiving!


so obviously this photo isnt from santiago but i figured its a holiday so im allowed to post anything i want and this one always makes me happy. My family has a tradition on thanksgiving that I'm sure many other families do too but I always thought it was pretty special. So I'm going to do it from here. by myself. kind of.

Thanksgiving was my favorite day, it was usually just the 4 of us hanging out, playing games, watching movies, and being silly. We would sit down to dinner at 3 with sparkling cider and stuffing and before we ate all hold hands and go around the table and say what we were thankful for. standard, right. but my family is a little sappy so as long as i can remember i always ended up crying hearing what everyone was thankful for and thinking about the most important things in my life. Not bad tears of course but i would feel so safe and loved and happy to have a place I knew i fit.

So it always comes down to being thankful for the most important things of all...Thank you to my mom, my dad and davey for being so much of a family that I dont feel lonely even when I'm more than far away. Thank you to the most beautiful, brave women i know who remind me how to walk in the world and into a room, to the special people (and some of their dogs - hi osa + winnie) from jackson where i learned how to make my heart happy, and to everyone else reading this for being a part of the wild ride. Im hoping to share many more adventures with you and hopefully not just over the internet. sheesh.

I hope today finds you healthy, happy, and warm.

lots of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home