Monday, April 17, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

Ahhh.. thank you David Bowie for such a great theme song (and Dave Wells for your accompanying interpretive dance moves that are permanantly burned on my retinas).

It looks like we're back in change mode friends.

Here in Santiago, summer has given up her fight and fall is most definately here, marked by the descent of a thick blanket of fog/smog/clouds that released a deluge of rain and chill in the city this week. It's chilly in Chile! I scurried back and forth to work in the dark and just-past-dark, my hands in my pockets and cursing the huevones who took all of my jackets off of my hands recently.

I love seeing the seasons change though, and I especially love being burried in down blankets in my cozy pink room while the storm pounds our house. Yay weather! Tapka the dog is also becoming cuddlier, which is nice. I'm breaking her walls down... Ha.

I also have some exciting news to share that has the potential to be another good change. I applied for a position with the Trust for Public Land in their Northern Rockies/Greater Yellowstone office about a month ago... I've been going through a succesion of stages in the application process - reference checks, phone interviews, all that fun stuff. I was feeling a bit shaky about my standing but 2 weeks ago they invited me to move to the next stage and are flying me back for an in-person interview! So in 4 days I'll be on a plane headed for Bozeman, Montana for the weekend. Is that wild or what? I was so excited when I got the e-mail I nearly hurt myself jumping up and down! My mom was here at the time so she helped in the jumping up and down too.

I wasn't going to post this for fear of jinxing my luck so far but I think I'm going to need a lot of good vibes coming at me to make this one happen. So please, think lots of good thoughts on the 24th. More details if all goes well!

Which leads to my next big change... I have decided to move back to the US in June. It's been a wonderful experience here in Chile and I've learned a lot. A lot in my internship, a lot about people, a lot about what I was looking for, what I want in my life right now and most importantly where my heart is. Many more thoughts to share but blogs suck for this kind of thing... so I'll save it to be talked about over a good bottle of wine or some cheap beers. Or Jenna, if you're reading, that's a nice big glass of fortifying milk, OK?

I do have some more time to enjoy here though; I finish my work with NESsT on the 15th of May and then have a plane ticket to the end of the world... I'll be spending two weeks in southern Patagonia and Torres del Paine, running around with guanacos and closing out my time here in one of earth's most incredible places.

And after that... a new chapter that I'm very excited to start! Cheers!

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been slow to look at your blog, and now i chek in and your back of to the US. I blame the Gods...

English Man

 

Post a Comment

<< Home