Saturday, April 29, 2006

brr-ozeman


well this is kind of weird to be writing about the states when im supposed to be in chile but also kind of cool. Like im playing hookie or something... I just got back on wednesday from my TPL interview weekend in Bozeman, MT. Home of Montana State University, the infamous rockin' R bar and the wild and beautiful jordan schmidt.

It was such a shock when i passed through customs in Atlanta at 630 in the morning on saturday. People yelling and pushing and walking around with 94 ounce starbucks coffees and US weekly magazines... i almost scrambled back to the plane. But as I moved further west, it started to make more sense to me and when i had to dodge a policewoman on a mountain bike in the SLC airport I knew i'd be ok. When i flew over the tetons and saw little victor, idaho from the plane i knew i'd be more than ok.


My friend scott came up from salt lake and we had a lot of fun running around town, up snowy mountains, and down springtime canyons. It was also really nice to have a good friend there to get a hug from when i was freaking out or really excited... it was a very - uh - intense weekend. I ended up having 2 days of interviews where i just got grilled, and i grilled back as best i could. There were times when i thought i totally shot myself in the foot and when i knew i absolutely just killed it. I want this job so bad its almost maddening but it's out of my hands and i should find out on tuesday or wednesday. It looks like there are 2 candidates still standing... me and my "phantom contender" so i have to ask for all of you to send some good vibes towards seattle and bozeman for the next couple of days. Preferably they include "hirekellyhirekelly" or something similiar.

I figure with forces coming from thailand, new zealand, korea, south africa, boston, dc, tahoe, san diego, london, sacramento, richmond, burlington, denver, jackson, LA, salt lake,new york, alta, japan, and everywhere else my favorite people are scattered they'd have to fight pretty hard to get a "no" out in my direction. But you never know, right?. Things always happen for a reason i just hope this time they're the reasons I'm thinking of.

Ahhh! the suspense is killing me.

cross those fingers please....

un abrazo. k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home