Friday, May 12, 2006

imgoentobohhhhhzeman!

imgoentoboohhhhzeman!imgoentobohhhhzman!
(picture me doing my happy dance over here)
yay! thanks guys for all your good vibes, thoughts, forces, wills... they worked!

I called TPL this morning to accept the job offer they made me earlier this week and I am very very excited. very very.

Things are happening quickly here. My last day at NESsT was yesterday and my coworkers took me out for sushi and beer and a little goodbye party where they gifted me really nice polypro long underwear from Lippi (a chilean mountaineering company) for my trip down south and mixes of chilean music to remind me of my time here. very sweet.

i leave this afternoon to valparaiso with some friends to say goodbye to the pacific and tell her ill see her soon up north. were having a despedida at my house on sunday and then will be shipping myself to the land of wind and ice for the next couple weeks. Back into the life of a hurricane.

It feels really good though. We were sitting in this smokey bar last night, eyes burning, in a city of 7 million bodies where the air pollution rating is so dangerously high that people are warned to stay indoors...

My nesst friends (very much international women and men of mystery) kept asking me if people spoke in a southern accent where i was going or if i would ride a horse to work, did i know anybody that actually lived there? where was it again? in the midwest? montana?

i just smiled and nodded thinking how nice it will be to breathe deeply again. in so many ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home